Native GUIs & Integrations
- Windows tray utility, filesystem watcher & launcher: SyncTrayzor
- macOS application bundle: syncthing-macos
- Cross-platform GUI wrapper: Syncthing-GTK
See also Source and Issue Tracker for the Android app
Other Components and Contributions
- Many, many community contributions.
Secure & Private
- Private. None of your data is ever stored anywhere else other than on your computers. There is no central server that might be compromised, legally or illegally.
- Encrypted. All communication is secured using TLS. The encryption used includes perfect forward secrecy to prevent any eavesdropper from ever gaining access to your data.
- Authenticated. Every node is identified by a strong cryptographic certificate. Only nodes you have explicitly allowed can connect to your cluster.
If you have a security concern, please see the security page for details and contact information.
Open Discourse. Development and usage is always open for
Syncthing Discussion Forum
Open Source. All source code is available on GitHub — what
you see is what you get, there is no hidden funny business.
Syncthing Source Code
Open Protocol. The protocol is a documented standard — no
Syncthing Protocol Definition
Open Development. Any bugs found are immediately visible for anyone
to browse — no hidden flaws.
Syncthing Issue Tracker
Easy to Use
Syncthing is still in development, although a large number of features have already been implemented:
- Web GUI. Configure and monitor Syncthing via a responsive and powerful interface accessible via your browser.
- Portable. Works on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and OpenBSD. Run it on your desktop computers and synchronize them with your server for backup.
- Simple. Syncthing doesn't need IP addresses or advanced configuration: it just works, over LAN and over the Internet. Every machine is identified by an ID. Just give your ID to your friends, share a folder and watch: UPnP will do if you don't want to port forward or you don't know how.
- Powerful. Synchronize as many folders as you need with different people.